Senior Backend Engineer
via Health is a dynamic startup committed to making healthcare an everyday lifestyle for women. Our mobile apps - Ovia Fertility, Ovia Pregnancy and Ovia Parenting - are the leading women’s health apps. We are looking for passionate individuals willing to work hard everyday to help us create real solutions for our users and their families. Our offices are located in downtown Boston. Join us!
We are looking for a Software Engineer to work on our platform API team. This role is all about writing performant, robust server side API code. It will be interfacing with frontend API consumers to ensure their needs are met by the API.
We are looking for an experienced engineer who has an exceptional work ethic, and who brings passion with them to work. Someone who is able to effectively collaborate with a team, but ultimately can complete projects alone.
We value intelligence, grit and a team spirit. We'd love to see:
- 4+ working years with back-end development using PHP.
- 2+ working years with SQL, SQL performance tuning, query optimization
- Experience with extremely large data sets
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Comfortable working in a team and ability to give and receive feedback
- Independent, critical thinker with strong communication skills
- Nice to haves: experience with JSON, Git, Ubuntu, Nginx.
We are a lively, creative team that works hard and laughs a lot. We love what we do, and working at Ovia Health is a chance to be a part of something big. We have the number one apps for fertility and pregnancy, and we are just getting started! We value our employees tremendously, and do what we can to help them stay happy and healthy both at work and away from it. We provide:
- Unlimited vacation
- Tasty office snacks, including coffee
- An open, fresh, cubicle-free shared office space
- Flexible work schedule
- Happy hours, casual dress
- Full medical coverage (individual employee contribution is covered at 100%)
- Employer contribution to 401k
We are always looking to make our team more diverse. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.